March 21st, 2015
5:15 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
Old Trace Park, Ridgeland, MS (Map It)
We are extremely excited about the upcoming 3rd Annual 3.21 Run Up for Downs! We have a few new additions that we think you will love!
- The band TradeMark will be performing LIVE!!! (Click here to visit their website). We have a blog post scheduled soon to tell TradeMarks personal connection with Down syndrome.
- The top Overall TEAM will win …*Prize announcement coming soon!
- The top Overall Male/Female individual finishers will win …*Prize announcement coming soon!
- Multiple food vendors for your eating pleasure after the run…FREE with your registration!
- Custom made awards for the top 3 of all age group divisions, the top overall team and the top 3 overall Buddy Up 3.21 Teams!
- 1 Mile Run/Walk : Overall 1st-3rd
- 3.21 Run: Overall M/F, 1st-3rd M/F in the following age divisions: 0-9 | 10-19 | 20-29 | 30-39 | 40-49 | 50-59 | 60-69 | 70-Over
- 3.21 Walk : Overall M/F, Overall 1st-3rd M/F
- Team : Top Overall Team (We will take the top 3 times of each team and use that average time)
- Buddy UP 3.21 : Overall 1st – 3rd
Be sure not to miss the 3rd Annual 3.21 Run Up for Downs on March 21st, 2015 at Old Trace Park. There will be a 1 mile fun run at 5:15pm (for the kids and kids at heart) followed by a 3.21 mile run/walk at 5:30pm. You might be asking…”why 3.21 and not 3.12 (a standard 5K distance)?” The answer is simple: Down Syndrome is the third replication of the 21st chromosome. All proceeds will go to benefit the Central Mississippi Down Syndrome Society and The Little Lighthouse – Central Mississippi.
Click here to register for the race.
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- Non-intimidating Environment for New Runners and Walkers
- Chip-timed race for runners and those tracking personal goals
- Award divisions for runners and walkers
- Commemorative T-Shirt
- Race Number, Timing Tag, and Goodie Bag
- Water and/or Sports Drink along the Course
- Water and/or Sports Drink at Finish Line
- Carb-Loaded food for post race for runners/walkers
- Food/drinks for the family/spectators
- Live Entertainment at the Finish Line
- Last but not Least, a Truly Unforgettable Experience
The 3rd Annual 3.12 Run Up for Downs Run/Walk will sell out quickly so be sure to secure your spot today! Online registration is open for this event through the evening of March 21st, 2015. If the race has not sold out, walk up registration at Packet Pick-up and day of the race will be available.
3.21 Run/Walk Registration*
$25.00 through 1/31/15
$30.00 through 3/15/15
$35.00 @ Packet Pick-Up or Day of Race (if available) (date of Packet-Pickup TBA)￼
Kids 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk Registration*
$12.00 through 1/31/15
$15.00 through 3/15/15
$17.00 @ Packet Pick-Up or Day of Race (if available) (date of Packet-Pickup TBA)
*Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Race Day Information:
3.21 Run/Walk Map: Coming soon!
All proceeds will go to benefit the Central Mississippi Down Syndrome Society and the Little Light House of Central Mississippi.
Rain or Shine:
This event will take place rain or shine, so please dress accordingly. No refunds.
For the safety of all participants, the following are prohibited: bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards and all motor-driven vehicles.
Portable toilets, fluid replacement and first aid will be available on the course. Certified medical personnel will be available at the start and finish areas of the race. A visor, sunscreen, lip balm and good shoes will get you safely across the finish line.
Chip timing will be provided by Tim Irvine Race Timing Services.
*Please note: All participants must wear their bib in order to have their times recorded. Race Results will be posted shortly after the race.
Spectators and race registrants can park in the Old Trace Parking Lot.
Rules and Policies
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
If you attempt to sell your race number, you may be banned from future events for three years.
You must show photo ID to receive your race number and timing chip.
Must bring a photo ID to pick up your own race packet and bib at packet-pick up. No one else can pick up your packet for you.
Race numbers are required to participate.
No coaches, handcycles, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else. You also may not transfer your application to the following year or another event.
All proceeds will go to the Central Mississippi Down Syndrome Society and The Little Light House of Central Mississippi. Both organizations play a crucial part in helping parents, families and children with Down Syndrome. Support this cause by sponsoring this unique race. For more information, please email email@example.com.
Want to be a part of the excitement?
We are always looking for volunteers to join us on the big day!
Aside from having a great time, all volunteers will receive a special Run Up for Downs t-shirt! Snacks and beverages will be also provided.
Please fill out the Volunteer form to help!
There will be 1st-3rd awards for male and female for the following age groups participating in the 3.21 RUN: 0-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 & 70-over. For the 3.21 WALK, there will be awards for the top male and female overall, top male and female masters (age 40 and over) and top male and female grand masters (age 50 and over). For the 1 mile Fun Run, there will be awards for the top overall male and female + ribbons for all participants.