Our biggest fundraiser each year is the Run Up for Downs. This upcoming 2017 we will be celebrating our 5th Annual Run Up for Downs!
March 25th, 2017
5:00 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
Old Trace Park, Ridgeland, MS (Map It)
Whether you want to Run, Walk or just Eat for Down Syndrome awareness…on 3.25.2017 you will also be helping support making The Lily Pad, a cafe in Central MS that will employ & train young adults with disabilities, a reality! Registration is NOW OPEN at runupfordowns.com.
The Up for Downs Event will be kicked off by a 1 mile fun run & a 3.21 Run/Walk and followed by multiple bands, an awesome silent auction, jump zones and activities for the kids + the RU4Ds Food Row which will feature food from some of your favorite restaurants!
We will also have a School & Corporate Challenge where you can sign up for your school or place of business team. The top school in the School Challenge will win a Fundraising night at the Flowood, Brandon and Ridgeland locations of Lost Pizza with a % of proceeds going directly to the winning school.
- 1 Mile Run/Walk : Overall 1st-3rd
- 3.21 Run: Overall M/F, 1st-3rd M/F in the following age divisions: 0-9 | 10-19 | 20-29 | 30-39 | 40-49 | 50-59 | 60-69 | 70-Over
- 3.21 Walk : Overall 1st-3rd M/F
- Team : Top Overall Participating Teams for Business, Personal and School
Click here to register for the race.
Each registered participant and finisher will receive the following:
- Non-intimidating Environment for New Runners and Walkers
- Chip-timed race for runners and those tracking personal goals
- Award divisions for runners and walkers
- Commemorative T-Shirt
- Race Number, Timing Tag, and Goodie Bag
- Water and/or Sports Drink along the Course
- Water and/or Sports Drink at Finish Line
- Carb-Loaded food for post race for runners/walkers
- Live Entertainment at the Finish Line
- Last but not Least, a Truly Unforgettable Experience
The 5th Annual Run Up for Downs Run/Walk will sell out quickly so be sure to secure your spot today! Online registration is open for this event through the evening of March 18th, 2017. Walk up registration will be available at Packet Pick-up and day of the race.
*Registration fees are non-refundable & non-transferable.
Packet Pickup will take place at Fleet Feet Ridgeland on FRIDAY, March 24th from 10:30 A.M. to 6:30 P.M. AND Saturday, March 25th at Old Trace Park from 2:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Race Weekend details:
Friday, March 24th
- 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. : Packet Pick-Up & Registration at FLEET FEET in Ridgeland
Saturday, March 25th (Old Trace Park) Rain or Shine:)
- 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. : Packet Pick-Up & Registration
- 2:00 p.m. – Silent Auction opens for viewing
- 4:45 p.m. : Pre-Race Prayer & National Anthem performed by Miss Mississippi Laura Lee Lewis
- 5:00 p.m. : 1 Mile Run/Walk Begins
- 5:30 p.m. : 3.21 start
- 6:35 p.m.: Sponsor Recognition/Awards
- 6:50 p.m. : Race Awards
- 7:15 – 7:30 p.m.: Silent Auction Tables ending (We will have tables ending every 5 minutes)
- 8:00 p.m. : Lily’s bedtime:)
Proceeds will go to benefit The Lily Pad, a cafe that will employ and train young adults with special needs in every aspect of food and hospitality service.
Rain or Shine:
This event will take place rain or shine, so please dress accordingly. No refunds.
For the safety of all participants, the following are prohibited: bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards and all motor-driven vehicles.
Portable toilets, fluid replacement and first aid will be available on the course. Certified medical personnel will be available at the start and finish areas of the race. A visor, sunscreen, lip balm and good shoes will get you safely across the finish line.
Race timing will be provided by SISU Race Timing.
*Please note: All participants must wear their bib in order to have their times recorded. Race Results will be posted shortly after the race.
Spectators and race registrants can park in the Madison Landing Parking Lot.
Rules and Policies
Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. No exceptions.
Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate, you may not give or sell your race number to anyone else, and you may not transfer your entry fee to future races.
Must bring a photo ID to pick up your own race packet and bib at packet-pick up. No one else can pick up your packet for you.
Race numbers are required to participate.
No coaches, handcycles, bikes, in-line skates, skateboards or dogs will be allowed on the course.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate.
Proceeds will go to benefit The Lily Pad, a cafe that will employ and train young adults with special needs in every aspect of food and hospitality service. Support the Lily Pad by being a race sponsor/partner. For more information, please visit our sponsor page here.
Want to be a part of the excitement?
We are always looking for volunteers to join us on the big day!
Aside from having a great time, all volunteers will receive a special Run Up for Downs t-shirt! Snacks and beverages will be also provided.
Please fill out the Volunteer form to help!
There will be 1st-3rd awards for male and female for the following age groups participating in the 3.21 RUN: 0-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69 & 70-over. For the 3.21 WALK, there will be awards for the top 1-3 Male and Female overall. For the 1 mile Fun Run, there will be awards for the top overall 1-3 male and female.